Exciting news from Team Duckler!
We’re hiring! We’re in search of a new Program Director. Is this you or someone you know? Position details are below. Please forward this announcement to anyone you think may be interested. We look forward to hearing from you or your friends soon!
Position Description: HDDT seeks an experienced, highly-skilled Programs Director to join the company’s leadership team. Working closely with the Artistic/Executive Director, Strategic Director and Site Manager, the Programs Director is responsible for managing all of the company’s programs, educational activities (“Duck Ed”) and office operations. The Programs Director also supervises program staff and office interns. Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is seeking a candidate with exceptional communication and organizational skills, leadership and management skills, and a passion for site-specific productions.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and proactively drive forward all company programs, special events and Duck Ed activities in collaboration with the leadership team; serve as a thought-partner and visionary leader for the organization.
- Supervise the Creative Engagement Associate, Site Manager, teaching artists, office interns, and documentation team at Duck Ed sites.
- Manage, schedule, coordinate and execute season programming, including the educational Duck Ed season. Run production meetings and attend performances/events as needed in coordination with the Site Manager.
- Cultivate and maintain new and existing partnerships with teachers, schools and community organizations; assist in researching new school sites, commissions and residency opportunities for the company.
- In coordination with the Leadership Team, help develop and execute Duck Ed curricula, schedule and provide leadership and mentorship to teaching artists.
- Develop each program budget and ensure all programs remain on schedule and on budget; conduct regular project budget reporting.
- Assist in grantwriting and fundraising as needed.
- Bilingual (must be fluent in English and Spanish)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in project management & ticketing software (e.g. OvationTix, Square) preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively, multitask, work independently, supervise a team, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of arts administration experience.
- Own a car/valid driver license.
Salary/Hours: The Programs Director will work full-time, M-F 9am-5pm, with occasional early morning on-site Duck Ed sessions, and occasional evening/weekend hours on-site for programs. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to info [at] heididuckler.org. Include “Programs Director” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For hire beginning Mon, Jan 9, 2017.