Heidi Duckler Dance (HDD) creates place-based dance productions, activates spaces all around Los Angeles while connecting with communities whose voices we listen to and seek to amplify. Our work strives to democratize dance, provide innovative arts education, and promote spatial justice.
HDD’s Founder/Artistic Director Heidi Duckler is a pioneer of site-specific, place-based contemporary practice. Through the use of expanded techniques and a methodology that encourages us to understand how dance, born from our experience, can be a tool for expanded awareness. HDD invites our fellow humans to reconsider the spaces in which we live, the spaces we take up, and this helps us to communicate our personal experience to others, to speak up, to inspire, to incorporate hard truths into the vulnerable body and pursue the search for empathetic connectivity.
Your tax-deductible contribution supports our:
- continued employment of artists whose livelihood depends on performing and teaching.
- work bringing movement workshops to correctional facilities and help individuals & families going through re-entry.
- arts education programs, we are committed to continuing our educational residencies in LAUSD schools.
- dynamic HDD management and administrative team.
- efforts to strengthen and heal our communities through partnerships with places like the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital.
- international cross-cultural collaborations, cultivating greater empathy and respect, through dance + conversation.
- effort to activate under-recognized sites, amplify marginalized voices, and bring performance to public space.
- film projects which evoke the beauty of humanity and recognize the complexity of our world.
Donor Circle starts at $15/month! Donors receive recognition on the company website, and special discounts and invitations.
Leadership Circle donors donate $2000+ in a year! Leadership Circle donors are invited to attend exclusive events, receive recognition on the company website, letterhead and ephemera.